[plug] Microsoft's Five Stages of Linux Grief

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jul 2 13:39:53 WST 2007

On 2 Jul 2007 at 11:30, Kev wrote:

> Hmmmm!  Seems about right to me!
>
> http://www.microsoft-
watch.com/content/operating_systems/microsofts_five_stages_of_linux_grief.ht
ml

No doubt, a very interesting read....

But I would be inclined to say that M$ is taking a different approach to
Linux that may not be obvious on the surface.

M$ have started to accept that Linux is a definite threat to their income
and thus their existence..... so they are "starting to change their ways".

I guess it's a bit like having a snake by the tail, you might have caught
the snake, but you can still get bitten.

I am of the opinion that they have adopted a superficial  "If you can't
beat 'em, join 'em" approach, that is why they are cutting deals with
several well known Linux identities.......but I ask "What is their real
objective ????"

In my opinion, M$ will eventually attempt to undermine Linux as we know it,
from the inside, but not in the way most of us would expect...

Only time will tell, so we will have to wait and see.

Regards Arie