[plug] Gentoo on APC cover disc

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Wed Jul 4 19:41:11 WST 2007

Hi

I just got the latest copy of APC to try out Gentoo.  The networkless
installation appeared to go OK, except that the user I defined was not
created.

I was able to use useradd to create the account, but had to manually
create the home directory.  Normal?  Not for RH based distros I've
worked with.

Then I tried, using Gnome, to configure the services running (hald
needed).  The script(?) failed and no services configuration window
appeared.  I know that it can be done from the command line.

The quality of this distro is somewhat lacking.  Has anyone else had a
problem with it?

Jim