[plug] Gentoo on APC cover disc

WolfBite wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 06:31:34 WST 2007

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/

  Gentoo for the masses :)
  loop3 really good
  installer excellent (but still dont trust the partitioning in the installer, setup partitions with partit program, then install)
  excelent installer program

  up and running 1hr (subject to your cpu)
  think
  debian = gentoo
  ubuntu = sabayon
  :)

Jim Householder <nofixed at westnet.com.au> wrote:
  Hi

I just got the latest copy of APC to try out Gentoo. The networkless
installation appeared to go OK, except that the user I defined was not
created.

I was able to use useradd to create the account, but had to manually
create the home directory. Normal? Not for RH based distros I've
worked with.

Then I tried, using Gnome, to configure the services running (hald
needed). The script(?) failed and no services configuration window
appeared. I know that it can be done from the command line.

The quality of this distro is somewhat lacking. Has anyone else had a
problem with it?

Jim
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au