[plug] Open Source Developers and Users Survey

Patrick O'Connor patrick.oconnor at sysadmin.ie
Mon Jul 2 01:55:25 WST 2007

Hi,
Hope you don't mind me posting this here but I could use your help
with some research.

I'm doing a Masters thesis in Trinity at the moment on the subject of
Open Source projects and their efficiency. Part of the research
involves looking at some of the motivations developers and users have
in using open source.

I've created a survey (using phpsurveyor) which guides participants in
ascertaining their reasons for developing / using open source. I'll be
using the results as some sort of empirical evidence showing
developers and users motivation.

If you have 5 minutes I'd really appreciate you taking the time to
complete it. As a bonus I'm offering a prize pool up to €200 (€50 per
50 participants up to €200) to be given to those who would like to be
entered into a raffle.

I'll also give the results and / or a copy of the thesis once its
completed to anyone who's interested.

http://survey.patrickoconnor.ie/index.php?sid=1

Thanks in Advance,

Patrick O'Connor

http://patrickoconnor.ie/blog

p.s. Feel free to pass this mail to anyone you think might be interested.