[plug] Re: [plug-announce] * July Workshop Reminder - Waugh on the Western Front! *

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Jul 15 23:29:13 WST 2007

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007, Patrick Coleman wrote:

> Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:42:19 +1000
> From: Patrick Coleman <pcoleman at iinet.net.au>
> To: plug-announce at plug.org.au
> Subject: [plug-announce] * July Workshop Reminder - Waugh on the Western
>     Front! *
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just a reminder that our monthly PLUG workshop will be held on Monday
> the 23rd of July, 2007. Come along to get some help with installing or
> configuring Linux, help other people with Linux problems or just meet
> and chat Linux with other PLUGgers.
>
> I am also pleased to announce that Pia Waugh will be dropping in. Pia is
> a free software advocate, and the current president of Free Software
> Day. She will be having a discussion on topics including free software
> advocacy, industry, events, growing PLUG and getting free software to
> the masses in Western Australia, so I encourage everyone to come along.
>
> When: 7:30pm, Monday 23rd July 2007
>
> Where: Cameron Hall Loft (above University Computer Club (UCC))
>   Upper level of Cameron Hall, above the Tavern
>   University of WA
>
> For detailed directions, see http://ucc.asn.au/aboutucc/contact.ucc
>
> Bring along your computer to install and/or configure Linux. All
> hardware is preferred: monitor, keyboard and other peripherals.
>
> Visitors and friends are most welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick

Would the discussion involving Pia Waugh, not be more appropriate for a
"PLUG Seminar", held in something like a lecture theatre or presentation
room, or something similar, that would me more suited than the UCC
workshop location, and thus also allowing the workshop and the
discussion to operate without competing with each other?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."