[plug] I give up

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Mon Jul 23 11:55:37 WST 2007

hatari at iinet.net.au wrote:
> Hello, any....
>
> I disagree unless we also stop "advertising" the businesses we have setup to make money
> out of Linux too (aka phixpcs, etc.)
>
> There are many "types" of users in this club and trying to accommodate "most" would be
> helpful.  Gentle reminders from time to time about "[OT]" is fine but the nazi approach just
> demonstrates intolerance, or arrogance, or ignorance, or foolishness.  Certainly numbers
> issues start out as "linux" but end up as "hardware".  Harmless stuff really - even beneficial in
> the long run.

I also agree with Wayne.

I read what people write and get an understanding of their capabilities,
so that when I need someone to do a job, I can get somebody from the list.

I also respect the talents of people on the list and where else better
to ask for help and advice even if ( swallows hard) it is Off Topic.

I have asked for advice on this list for Windows problems that I
encounter from time to time as I freely admit that I am no expert there.
The reason that I ask the list is because I trust the replies. I have
spoken to many jargon oozing MS experts over the years and I am still
amazed at the difference between what they say can be delivered and what
is actually delivered.

I prefer to work with people that I can rely on, hence my preference for
asking this list.

I didn't realise that it was not the done thing to be able to make money
from your Linux expertise.

Oh well, you live and learn.

Alex

PS I often enjoy the robust Off Topic discussions from time to time that
take place. I guess it proves that not every Linux user is a nerd and
many do have other interests, other than computers.