[plug] Suse network printer issue...

Fred Janon fjanon at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 16:23:04 WST 2007

Hi,

I just installed Novell Suse and I am trying to access a printer
connected to a Windows machine and networked. I know the printer is on
the network because I can print from other Winds machines on the
network. Suse shows an error message: "Paused: Unable to connect to
CIFS host after (tried 3 times)". I checked the printer settings and
they seem right to me: Windows Printer (SMB) and the host name and
printer name. How can I make sure that the Host and printer name are
correct? Is there a tool in Suse that I can use to check what's on the
network?

Thanks

Fred