[plug] Draft International Standard ISO/IEC 29500

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Tue Jul 24 23:02:12 WST 2007

I beleive this is on topic since it's with reference to ODF even though
it mentions OOXML, apologies in advance if people disagree.

Referenced from:

For those interested...

Standards Australia will host a Forum on the proposed Draft
International Standard ISO/IEC 29500, Information technology -
Office Open XML file formats standard.

This Forum is limited to 30 persons and seats will be reserved on a
first reserved basis - please reserve by email to:
<michael.langdon AT standards.org.au>.

The Forum will run from 10am-1pm. The Forum's main aim is to determine
an Australian national standards body consensus position on this Draft
International Standard and then lodge that position and vote with the
International Standards Organization (ISO).

Venue: Standards Australia Meeting room 1, Level 10, 20 Bridge Street,
Sydney.
10am Thursday 9 August 2007

[From an email circulated to Information Policy staff in our (state
Gov't) department.]

FWIW: There's nothing listed on Standard Australia's Forum page
<http://www.standards.org.au/forum.asp> despite being an organiser of
the event.

I'll leave it to others to make comments about the method of selecting
attendees, but it's rather casual approach.

Cheers
Kai

--
PosITive - Photography and Information Technology
www.vk6ksj.net