[plug] Forum Software

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jul 26 13:44:38 WST 2007

On 26 Jul 2007 at 6:41, Mark J Gaynor wrote:

> On 26/07/2007 at 1:47 AM Arie Hol wrote:
>
> >Often referred to as "Passing the Buck".
> >
> >Most successful organisations adopt the outlook of "The Buck Stops
Here".

> >Let's keep it local, for a moment try and take the point of view of a
> Newbie.
>
> Firstly, why do we need to keep it local. Do we have a monopoly on
newbies
> here in the west? We are only 10% of the population, hardly a majority!
>
> I have chosen to be involved so I can be part of the solution and not
part
> of the problem.
>
> It is is easy to say this is what we need, what I don't hear is a
> commitment
> to make such a project happen in the long term. Once again it falls back
on
> the few, that are overwhelmed now, tasked with implementing your
suggestions
> on how to fix that which is perceived broken.

8< -------------- snip ----------------->8

I wasn't trying to tell anyone how it should be done, and I wasn't making
glib criticism of those who are doing it.

I was just trying to provide "food for thought".

If I knew that I could make a reliable and sustainable commitment, I would
do so without hesitation.

In most areas where PLUG needs capable people, I don't believe that I have
the requisite skills to to perform the tasks required.

In other areas of commitment - I do not have the financial resources to do
a lot of "running around" as I often rely on public transport as I am not
always able to drive a car.

I have tried to provide input, albeit from a distance - it doesn't lessen
my enthusiasm or my motivation to try.

For my own reasons - I cannot guarantee reliability and consistency.

I have no "expectations" of other people or PLUG, I only have hopes.

But at least I have had my say, and I said it at a time that I thought was
appropriate.

Regards Arie