[plug] Changes to PLUG

Craig Foster craig at fostware.net
Fri Jul 27 07:43:56 WST 2007

Bret, please slow down...

You asked whether there was enough network points and bandwidth
available for workshops and installfests, and then replied to your own
points (not Patrick's) saying PLUG was stopping workshops or
installfests (which was never stated).
Could you please reply with constructive criticism? Eg "Could we make
sure the installfests and workshops are not abandoned? I think  they are
a great way of continuing the relationship with new linux users"
It's more likely to get a positive response :)

> Who will support the non-commercial Linux community in Perth, and,
what
> will they charge?
>
> The item 2 above, replacing Installfests, and eliminating workshops as
> they have existed, reminds me of the concept of giving kids blotting
> paper spotted with LSD, to get them hooked, and then charging them for
> the follow-ups.
>
> Is this really the direction that people want for PLUG, to go the way
> of
> Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, as portrayed in that film?
>
> I would be quite disappointed if this is the future of what used to be
> PLUG.

So would I, however no-one has said we are definitely dropping workshops
and installfests...

> Feedback was sought, and mine might not be liked, and, my opinions
> might
> not be shared by anyone else, but it sounds to me, like the end of
> PLUG,
> as we knew it.

We appreciate *everyone's* input. But could you ask rather than accuse
and attack?

> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale