[plug] stupid question?

Joshua Chase joshych at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 3 18:29:01 WST 2007

no, I mean if there is problem that is really weird, the problem is (more likely) in hardware.

Brad Campbell <brad at wasp.net.au> wrote: Joshua Chase wrote:
> I say that if there is a problem where it should'nt be. Either the
> software, hardware, or configuration of software or hardware is faulty.
> I tend to lean to hardware problems with really weird ones.

You mean to tell me there are circumstances where there *should* be a problem?!?

May I recommend reading the entire "Sherlock Holmes" collection? Some of the finest observational
and logical problem solving ever written. (Fiction it may be, but a logical approach none the less)

"Surely Watson you do yourself a dis-service"

I agree that given a problem it must occur within the components of the system at fault "software,
hardware, or configuration of software or hardware", however blithely blaming the hardware in the
case of "really weird ones" is perhaps a little presumptuous of you given you had not even heard of
the device mentioned. At least take the time to understand the nature of the fault and the
circumstances.

*wince* *grunt* *boom*

(Either that, or get an MCSE and go work for a Microsoft shop. "Blue Screen? It's a hardware fault,
probably that whirly thing down there, Alternator I think it's called")

If you think I'm being harsh, it's because I am.

Brad
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au