[plug] Linux and Microsoft and deals

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jun 16 13:07:12 WST 2007

On 16 Jun 2007 at 9:35, Alex Polglaze wrote:

> Arie Hol wrote:
> > I hope you're not one of those student pilots who "buzzes" over our
> > house and wakes me up before lunch time................
> >
> > I live right near Jandakot airport, and I am often concerned by low
> > flying, noisy aircraft that seem to be flying too low, (too close for
> > comfort).
> >
> > Last year we had one crash in a front yard, just two streets from my
> > house - he had just flown over our house when his engine coughed,
> > spluttered and died. His plane then displayed the aviational
> > characteristics of a brick and landed in somebody's front yard - just
> > missing a carport and the car in it.
> >
> Jandakot airport has been there long before any houses. If you chose to
> live near Australia's busiest airport, then I guess you are going to
have
> exciting experiences whilst you are there.

Hey Alex, don't get me wrong I have nothing against aeroplanes or the
people who fly them. If it wasn't for bad eyesight, I would be one of
them.

I only get concerned when some of the people flying certain planes fly
too low and try to prune the trees in my garden. It's a bit nerve
wracking when they fly so low that we can hear and feel the cavitation
effect of their propellers as they go past and have the windows rattle
because of it.

Not to mention the effect it has on TV, radio and wireless networking.

There's are lot of space up there, they don't have to fly at ground level
to achieve their objectives, and my trees don't need to be pruned.

Regards Arie