[plug] Linux and Microsoft and deals

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jun 16 17:08:15 WST 2007

> On Sat, Jun 16, 2007, Arie Hol wrote:
>
> > Hey Alex, don't get me wrong I have nothing against aeroplanes or the
> > people who fly them. If it wasn't for bad eyesight, I would be one of
> > them.
> >
> > I only get concerned when some of the people flying certain planes
fly
> > too low and try to prune the trees in my garden. It's a bit nerve
> > wracking when they fly so low that we can hear and feel the
cavitation
> > effect of their propellers as they go past and have the windows
rattle
> > because of it.

OK Alex and Adrian, why doesn't everybody gang up on Arie and beat him to
death with a baseball bat, because he dared to make comment about certain
low flying aircraft.

You have both made valid comments in defence or aircraft and trainee
pilots. I do not dispute what may or may not be the requirements for
pilot training. I made my comments about a particular aspect of certain
activities.

If training requirements dictate that trainee pilots must fly at "LOW"
levels - then I would assume that any intelligent, mature and responsible
flying instructor would direct his trainees to do so over the many
thousands of hectares of bushland in the immediate environs of Jandakot
air port.

I don't condemn anyone who wants to learn to fly a plane.

And obviously some of you are avid aviators, but how many hours do you
spend in the air ? and how often ?

I live here just 3 kms from Jandakot airport , but I live here 24/7 and
in that time frame there are many, many, many aircraft flow over my
house, often at low level. This has a cumulative effect over a period of
time, and is a genuine cause for concern as regards plane crashes.

The example I cited previously, was an experienced pilot of 30 years who
had just rebuilt the engine of his plane and was flying low over houses
on the first test flight after the engine rebuild. He admitted publicly
that he was at fault for not being more careful in the planning and
execution of his test flight.

You people seem to be willing to assume bad things about me because I
raised a concern about a small percentage of people who fly planes.

Your egos must be very fragile if you cannot accept that your flying
activities are a cause for concern for people who live under a flight
path, especially when there are thousands of hectares of vacant land in
the area that have clear air space above them.

I didn't start out to "bash" or "malign" people who fly planes,

My comments to Kai where intended to be light-hearted, but you guys must
be so up yourselves that you can't take my comments in the manner that
they were intended.

Read my original comments again (see below) and think about what I said
and how I said it :

Hey Alex, don't get me wrong I have nothing against aeroplanes or the
> people who fly them. If it wasn't for bad eyesight, I would be one of
> them.
>
> I only get concerned when some of the people flying certain planes fly
> too low and try to prune the trees in my garden. It's a bit nerve
> wracking when they fly so low that we can hear and feel the cavitation
> effect of their propellers as they go past and have the windows rattle
> because of it.
>
> Not to mention the effect it has on TV, radio and wireless networking.
>
> There's are lot of space up there, they don't have to fly at ground
> level to achieve their objectives, and my trees don't need to be
pruned.

Your attitudes and responses to my comments give me good cause to sign
the petition that is going around - "To move Jandakot airport further
south" - I believe it will be in the vicinity of Mundijong, where only
the cows and sheep will be affected - but you're lucky - the cows and
sheep don't have email facilities to harrass you with their comments
about low flying aircraft.

Kai, please accept my apology if my initial comments caused you any
concern or offense, no offense was intended - the comment was intended to
be light hearted.

But the next comment is not intended to be light hearted, it's serious :

Alex and Adrian, get your heads out of your arses or out the clouds,
wherever they might be.

I like aeroplanes, I even eat aeroplane jelly, like living near Jandakot
airport (19 years). I even enjoy watching the the old "veterans" fly
over, I just have concerns about about certain activities THAT DO NOT
NEED TO BE CONDUCTED ABOVE RESIDENTIAL AREAS AT LOW ALTITUDE.

So now I will take my head out of the clouds and stick it up my arse,
because that's exactly what you guys are going to tell me to do anyway.

But I will consider signing that petition and I might even join that
action group, which by the way "Is getting bigger every time they hold a
meeting".

Even the overseas company the runs Jandakot airport want to see it moved.

To all other readers, sorry about the "OFF_TOPIC" I hope you had a good
laugh, because I know I did and I still am.

Regards Arie