[plug] sed - syntax problem ???

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jun 16 20:37:12 WST 2007

On 16 Jun 2007 at 19:03, Lyndon Maydwell wrote:

> "echo $SHELL"
>
> Will usually tell you what shell you're running.
> However, if it is ZSH, then there should be no problem with the single
> quote method.

Typing "echo $SHELL" at the DOS prompt returns :

$SHELL

To run the shell I need to type in :

sh	<enter>

this changes the prompt to :

$p$g

which indicates that zsh is running.

If I then type in "echo $SHELL" at the prompt it returns :

$SHELL

So I guess it's not telling me much at all, I do not know enough at this
point  to make any judgements about what I am doing or how I should do
it.

I guess that I have a lot of reading to do, before I go much further.

Regards Arie