[plug] fresh kubuntu install - what's the root password?

David Buddrige dbuddrige at bigpond.com
Sun Jun 17 17:36:58 WST 2007

Hi all,

I have just loaded up my laptop with kubuntu - I completely blew away
all previous partitions, so this is a completely fresh install.  However
during the install process it did not ask me for a root password, and
now that I have the system installed and running, I can only log in as
the main user [david] that the system DID ask me to create.

I want to start installing stuff using apt-get, but to do so, I'm going
to need to be root.  Does anyone know how to reset the root password in
a fresh kubuntu install?

thanks heaps guys,

David.