[plug] tunneling windows remote desktop via my webserver on port 80

Jason uq1 at hate-tank.net
Tue Jun 19 20:27:58 WST 2007

Ok, so my work blocks all ports except 80 and 443.

I run sshd on 443 so I can ssh home and a webserver on port 80.

I also virtual host two domains from my machine, so I can't just change
my router to forward port 80 to my windows machine for remote
desktopping.

What I want to do is:

Request from work goes on port 80 to my home router, which forwards
request to webserver, which picks up that I'm requesting to remote desktop
(possibly via the domain name, similar to virtual hosting) to my windows
machine, which then tunnels the request and successful remote desktop
response back through my webserver, to the router to my work machine.

Is this possible?

Hope it all makes sense :)

Jason.