[plug] Broken Debian upgrade

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Jun 21 21:42:55 WST 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Daniel Foote wrote:

>> Also, when I run the aptitude command (with no switches), it tells me
>> that the number of broken patches is two, but there appears to be no
>> option in aptitude (from the "dialogue" displayed), to list or fix the
>> broken packages. How do I list the broken packages, and fix them?
>
> Use 'b' to select the next broken package. Alternately, press 'e' to
> view what aptitude thinks you should do about it. Aptitude comes up
> with several suggestions, press '.' to see the next one, or ',' to see
> the previous one. When you've found a solution that you like, press
> '!' to make it stick, or hit 'q' to return to the main screen.
>
> As an alternative to that block of text:
>
> b - move to next broken package
> e - view suggestions for fixing broken packages.
> . - view next suggestion
> , - view previous suggestion
> ! - apply suggestions
> q - return to main screen
>
> Hope this helps...
>
> Daniel Foote.

Thanks for that.

Found it in the meantime.

Now, etch seems to have eliminated the broken packages, with some fudge
(if fudge is stuck in the holes, it seems to work ;) ), but won't
"initialise GNOME", so won't run it.

It does, however, recognise the new RAM.

Hope to be present at the coming notified workshop, with the problem.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."