[plug] PC Card w/ Atheros chipset

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 21 15:04:55 WST 2007

I had one of these cards and was glad to put it back in the box when the
laptop I used it in died.  I suspect the problem is less the card than
the madwifi drivers as the performance varied depending on version.  And
yes, I did get the rate variations over time - however I am suspicious
that the drivers were reporting it correctly.  I only used it sporadicly
so I never did spend a lot of time on it.

I am currently using an ipw2200 based builtin and its performance to the
same access points is far far superior to what the netgear card ever
did.  (home dlink wireless router and various cisco units, plus running
kismet)

Suggestion - try some large (multi-gbyte) file transfers and see how the
throughput and rates stack up.

Billk