[plug] broadband monitoring?

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Tue Jun 26 09:26:52 WST 2007

Excuse top post:

I'd have thought that what you want is fairly easy. Some apps will give
you stats in the fashion of kppp while logging for eth0. What about
gkrellm? it would be the best option for your chosen WM, I reckon. It
gives bytes in/out reports for daily, weekly monthly for any interface
ppp0, eth0, etc. Otherwise, if you switch to icewm it gives a nice
little traffic monitor on the task bar that will give a usage report
too.

But 400+Mb when not doing anything? Are you running a cron to update
your package cache every day or every week? Only thing I can think of
otherwise you're being diddled by your provider or you're sitting on a
zombie machine.

Gavin