[plug] older laptop ram compatibility and availaility

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Tue Jun 26 15:52:17 WST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 15:14 +0800, Tomasz Grzegurzko wrote:
> > Gavin Chester wrote:
> > > I have an older laptop (cel 400, satellite 4090) housing only a single
>
> Are you sure there's only one memory slot? The other may be under the
> keyboard..?
>
> Tomasz

Well, I could pull it apart to have a better look - again! ;-). I
assumed it has only one and reports that as 128mb ... okay, I took the
cover off to get to the easily accessible ram card and it shows
signs/markings of being 64mb so I _must_ have two cards. Thanks, Tomasz.

Okay now my options are to get a single 128mb to give 192mb all up, or
get 2x128mb cards, or even more depending on price. Either way, this is
only a spare laptop and I don't want to spend any serious money on
allowing me to multi-task on it better.

Gavin