[plug] Virtual PC 2007 vs VMWare

Steve Baker steve at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 2 21:15:45 WST 2007

Josh Fletcher wrote:
> To all the Pluggers,
>
> I love playing with Linux, but would much prefer to have it as a
> virtual server instead of dual-boot, as I need Windows for work.
I'm currently using Ubuntu on a laptop as a host for VMWare Server, with
a windows VM as a guest because I also need some Windows stuff for work.

I also have some VMs running at work on a Windows 2003 Server host - I
first tried the MS VIrtual Server, and almost immediately uninstalled it
and loaded VMWare Server instead.  No issues at all installing Mandriva
or Ubuntu as guests under VMWare.  Some minor issues with VIsta, but
these have apparently been fixed with VMWare Server 1.0.2 released recently.

Regards,
Steve