[plug] Virtual PC 2007 vs VMWare

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Fri Mar 2 23:05:23 WST 2007

Josh Fletcher wrote:
> To all the Pluggers,
>
> I love playing with Linux, but would much prefer to have it as a
> virtual server instead of dual-boot, as I need Windows for work.
>
> I have played with Virtual PC 07, and tried Debian 3.1, Fedora Core 6,
> Ubuntu 6.10 and Gentoo 2006.1. All of them have had many problems
> during install, to the extent that I really can't be bothered.
>
> My question is twofold -
>
> 1) Has anyone got any hints for getting Linux distros to work with
> Virtual PC 2007? and
> 2) Should I just switch to VMWare, and is support a lot better for
> Linux with VMWare?

What about http://www.virtualbox.org/ ?  I use
http://www.parallels.com/en/products/ and have no problems what-so-ever.

Cheers
Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 4.1
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
"Jesus Christ is the centre of everything and the object of everything;
He who does not know him, knows nothing of the order of the world
and nothing of himself."             Blaise Pascal