[plug] Debian Sarge AMD64 Update Problem

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 11:04:23 WST 2007

On 3/9/07, Lance Duivenbode <plug at duivenbode.id.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I received an email this morning from one of my work servers with the
> results
> of it's overnight APT update attempt. Within the text of the report, it
> appears that I'm getting 404 messages from the mirror I've chosen
> (mirror.pacific.net.au). I've tried changing the mirror, but all the other
> sites I've tried (including ftp.debian.org) have the same problem. Have I
> missed something?
>
> I've included the emailed text and my sources.list for your perusal. Any
> suggestions would be most welcome!
>
> Lance
>
> ----------------------------------
> /etc/apt/sources.list
> ----------------------------------
> deb http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/debian-amd64/debian/ sarge main
> contrib
> deb http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib
> deb http://www.backports.org/debian sarge-backports main contrib
>
> Looks like pacnet is borked to me.
You could always add
deb http://ftp.iinet.net.au/debian/debian-amd64/ sarge main contrib non-free
and you'll failover to that one if you put it in second place if there's
something wrong with the first. On that point, you may want to put the main
US servers on third position and if all else fails get it from there.

Tomasz