[plug] online Linux distro ordering site ?

Michael Hunt michael at aussie.oddsocks.net
Tue May 1 14:50:51 WST 2007

Mary Wright wrote:

> HI
>
> I was wondering does anyone knows a good online place to buy linux
> distro's as at the moment I am on dialup and downloading ISO's
> is somewhat out of the question.

The Canonical (pun intended) place for information such as this is :-

http://www.linux.org.au/vendors

My past dealings (and online vendors I'm happy to recommend) have been
with :-

Everything Linux - http://www.elx.com.au/

Lankum.com (formerly Cetus Technologies) -
http://www.lankum.com/store/catalog/default.php

Linux System Labs - http://www.lsl.com.au/

and our very own local Linux IT - https://shop.linuxit.com.au/ (but they
don't seem to have Ubuntu CD's)

> I wouldn't mind getting a hold of the current UBUNTU

See earlier posts as to other alternatives but if you run into to much
trouble or cost is an issue then email me and I'll pop a CD for you in
the mail.

Michael Hunt