[plug] Floppy access after Edgy>Feisty upgrade

Ian Kent raven at themaw.net
Thu May 10 23:56:09 WST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 14:43 +0800, David Dartnall wrote:
> Adam Hewitt wrote:

That package is called autofs in Linux and Solaris.
The configuration of both is much the same and much simpler than
am-utils (aka amd). I'm going to be describing simple autofs
configurations at this months seminar, next Tuesday.

But, if you have a GUI then let it take care of the removable media. It
does a good job of it and needs no setup. Indeed, if you have hal (aka.
haldaemon) running it can cause problems when media is handled by both.