[plug] What version of CPU and Linux do people use?

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:13:51 WST 2007

On 5/14/07, Scott Middleton <scott at terminus.net.au> wrote:
> Hi I am wondering what versions of Linux and the CPU architectures people are
> using?

Wow, two flamewars for the price of one. I can throw vim/emacs in
there as well if you like :)

I use vim - I've already got an operating system, thanks - on an
Athlon XP (heh, I know) on Ubuntu, so this doesn't exactly apply, but
my brief experience with 64-bit linux is that it's easy to get a
kernel but application support without recompiling everything is a big
pain.

Presumably this has advanced recently and these 64-bit distros sort
most or all of it out for you, but from memory that was my experience
a year or so ago.

-Patrick