[plug] What version of CPU and Linux do people use?

Ian Ball ian.a.ball at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:17:26 WST 2007

The biggest issue with 64 bit Linux is the lack of Flash.  The Gnash Flash
player does a reasonable job of basic flash menus, etc on pages, but cannot
play Flash videos like on You Tube.  It is beyond me why Adobe is not
working on a version of Flash player that works on 64 bit.  (I believe even
Windows 64 bit has difficulties with Flash and other device drivers, etc).

On 15/05/07, Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 15:13 +0800, Kev wrote:
> > The 2 64 bit processors running here (1 x AMD 3200+ and 1 x AMD
> > Opteron165 (that's dual core)) are running 32 bit OSes.
>
> AMD 64 3500+ running 32 bit (because of possible problems with Flash,
> etc - I am running a slightly older version of SUSE and there WERE known
> issues).
> --
> Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au>
> Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
> It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
> William Pitt, 1783
>
> Linux Counter user #306629

--Ian Ball
e| ian.a.ball at gmail.com