[plug] more FUD??

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Tue May 15 19:38:02 WST 2007

Kev wrote:

> Do M$ have a leg to stand on here, or is it simply more FUD.
>
> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2129407,00.asp?kc=EWNAVEMNL051407EOAD

Prolly more FUD...as usual, anything MS says about "doing the best for
the community" is probably full of it.

like this quote from page 1

...Microsoft is not yet saying exactly what it plans to do about these
violations. "The company's longstanding preference is to license rather
than litigate, and Microsoft's work over the past three years to build a
bridge with open source is a result of that commitment....

*coughs*BULLSHIT*coughs*

or this from page 2:

...But what is clear is that Microsoft has the third, and latest, draft
of GPLv3 in its sights, accusing the draft license of trying to "tear
down the bridge between proprietary and open-source technology that
Microsoft has worked to build with the industry and customers," the
spokesman said."...

They got this article too...

Is Microsoft Violating Some Patents Covering Open Source?

Of course the public don't know everything, so maybe MS has made some
genuine deals but when the last time Microsoft actually tried to make a
real relationship ? I'm sure their deal with Novell is just a public
visade to get good PR while royally screwing someone, even if said
screwing isn't evident for a coupla years.

I think this person is pretty accurate ?
http://www.eweek.com/talkback_details/0,1932,s=25990&a=194630,00.asp?m=20781

OK, enough ranting, I gotta get some study done !

--
Photographer and severe weather fanatic

Organised by shooting date: www.vk6ksj.net/gallery/
Organised by category: www.vk6ksj.net/photography/

Favourite recorded storm to date:
www.vk6ksj.net/photography/2006-01-17_Thunderstorm/

Favourite lighting storm on stills camera:
http://www.vk6ksj.net/gallery/rls121106 (2 pages)