[plug] BP-EXT 3 NextG modem on Linux?

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 15:29:21 WST 2007

> Do you mean "registration has already been completed for this device"
> check box? The one that is under the "secret" diagnosis tab that you
> need to hold down the left-shift key while entering options to get to.

That doesn't sound familiar. Our device came with a PIN which could be
locked (and required this PIN every time you used the device), so I simply
unlocked it permantely. Perhaps your set up is different, (though I wouldn't
see why..).

> Once you're chatting away to the device (essentially it is almost the
> > same as an analog modem) I used Debian/Ubuntu's pppconfig to set up a
> > connection. The phone number you need is *99#. I gave dummy usernames
> > and passwords in to PAP authentication as it doesn't really use them
> > anyway (and my manager didn't give me these codes ;).
>

> I don't understand what you mean here. It wouldn't let me connect at all
> without the correct user/pass for the demo account when I used kppp.

Hmm again a weird point of difference. I had no auth details on me, but
supplying total crap as the username & password worked fine.

If you are saying that you only entered a dummy user/pass then how did
> you authenticate?

It still auth'ed via PPP, it just didn't care WHAT I put in the user/pass
fields.

Tomasz