[plug] Debian install

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Mon May 28 16:25:58 WST 2007

Hi Gize

Can/will a Debian fundi out there help me please:

If I do just a base (no GUI) install of Debian 4 (Etch) and then execute
apt-get install kde, will/should that automagically install X for me too?

I would like to achieve a GUI install of Etch but with only KDE
installed and no Gnome.  If I do a default install of Etch with the GUI
I get Gnome and no way that I've witnessed to select KDE instead.  I can
install KDE later, but the prospect of going through and picking out all
the Gnome specific stuff seems very laborious.  Leaving it all there
makes things very cluttered, confusing and of course soaks up disk space.

Tia
Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 4.1
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!