[plug] Spellchecking in OpenOffice

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Wed May 30 21:32:45 WST 2007

Turns out I was actually using the English UK that came with OpenOffice
2.0 so then I tried selecting the English USA instead.  All the tick
boxes are there - makes no odds.  So next I downloaded some specific
Australian English dictionaries.  No change.  You can type anything you
like and it lets it through.  It says it is doing a check, but when you
run Spellcheck it immediately comes back with no errors found no matter
what you type.

Anyone had anything similar??  I just don't have time this week to go
hunting and testing.  I might tackle it this weekend instead since it is
not urgent.  Any other suggestions are most welcome though!!

- Jonathan

Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX
jonathan at pcphix.com