[plug] Getgui

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Mon Nov 5 20:40:46 WST 2007

I'm on the bum again - attempting to find a little application to tidy
up some  awk / bash scripts I've written with a gui, I've found 'getgui'
which looks as if it will serve the purpose.

The problem is that the Makefile needs modification to define XLIBS and
XINCLUDEDIR before executing 'make' to compile the source. The current
lines are shown below:

XLIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11
XINCLUDEDIR = /usr/X11R6/include

Neither path exists in Ubuntu Gutsy, and I can't find 'lX11'.
What is the significance of the '-L' at the start of the XLIBS path and
the '-' preceding the 'lX11'? How should this line read in Gutsy?

And in the case of XINCLUDEDIR, would '/usr/include/X11' be the correct
path?

Thanks in anticipation..

regards
Dave Dartnall