[plug] Getgui

Daniel Foote freefoote at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 07:12:29 WST 2007

Hello.

> Neither path exists in Ubuntu Gutsy, and I can't find 'lX11'.
> What is the significance of the '-L' at the start of the XLIBS path and
> the '-' preceding the 'lX11'? How should this line read in Gutsy?
>
> And in the case of XINCLUDEDIR, would '/usr/include/X11' be the correct
> path?

Since Xorg 7, Debian (and Ubuntu) have tried to remove all the X11R6
'cruft' from the filesystem... thus, all X header files and libs are
in completely different locations.

> XLIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11
> XINCLUDEDIR = /usr/X11R6/include

For the include directory, try '/usr/include/X11/' (as you suggested)
For the libs directory, try '/usr/lib'

See how you go...

Daniel Foote.