[plug] Getgui

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Tue Nov 6 14:06:29 WST 2007

Daniel Foote wrote:
> Hello.
>

>> Neither path exists in Ubuntu Gutsy, and I can't find 'lX11'.
>> What is the significance of the '-L' at the start of the XLIBS path and
>> the '-' preceding the 'lX11'? How should this line read in Gutsy?
>>
>> And in the case of XINCLUDEDIR, would '/usr/include/X11' be the correct
>> path?
>>

> Since Xorg 7, Debian (and Ubuntu) have tried to remove all the X11R6
> 'cruft' from the filesystem... thus, all X header files and libs are
> in completely different locations.
>

>> XLIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11
>> XINCLUDEDIR = /usr/X11R6/include
>>

> For the include directory, try '/usr/include/X11/' (as you suggested)
> For the libs directory, try '/usr/lib'
>
> See how you go...
>
> Daniel Foote.

Thanks Daniel, it seemed to accept 'XINCLUDEDIR=/usr/include/X11' but
seemed as though it didn't like 'XLIBS=/usr/lib': see output below...

" darts at localhost:~/darts/Getgui/getgui202src/src$ make
gcc getgui.o api.o  plg.o color.o err.o stub.o winscale.o glroutines.o
interact.o pcode.o init.o block.o x11.o  /usr/lib/ -o ../bin/getgui
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/: No such file: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [getgui] Error 1"

regards
Dave Dartnall