[plug] Mounting Network Drives

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Fri Nov 9 23:19:43 WST 2007

On 9 Nov 2007 at 23:53, Chris Watt wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Sorry, this is a bit off-topic.
>
> I have a windows machine that is meant to be mounting a CIFS share.
> This works fine, but when I reboot the machine, the mount isn't logged
on.
>  If I click on it, it will prompt me for a password (already filled in
> correctly) and if I click OK then it works.  However, I need it to log
in
> automatically so that my software can use the share.
>
> Any ideas?

I can't remember exactly how to do it, but

You need to access the share, in "My Network Places" by using the  "Add
Network Place" wizard.

When found the icon for the link to the share should show in "My Network
Places"

Then you need to tell Windows to automatically look for network folders.

This is done in Windows Explorer - under

Tools ----> Folder Options ---> View

Place a tick in the check box.

Hopefully this should be all you need to do.

If it doesn't work for you then I guess I can't help you.

Regards Arie