[plug] Fwd: Worldwide 2008 Mandriva Linux Installfest

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Sat Nov 17 09:45:52 WST 2007

> Just received this somehow...perhaps sometihg PLUG should look at
> doing, when was the last installfest?(this doesn't mean I use mandriva
> btw)
Gee, it just shows how organised Linux people are. We have been a
registered user of Mandriva/Mandrake for 7 and a half years and this is
the first thing we have heard about it.

In fact, it is the only thing we have heard from them for nearly two
years, so I thought that they were finished and have started moving away
to other flavours.

I have said this many times before and I will say it again. Linux has a
long, long way to go before it even looks like a real alternative to the
great masses of computer users. It just appears too completely
disorganised to be able to achieve anything.

Remember perception IS reality.

Alex