[plug] Fwd: Worldwide 2008 Mandriva Linux Installfest

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Sun Nov 18 19:19:40 WST 2007

David Dartnall wrote:
> Yes Alex, I found Mandrake/Mandriva difficult as well. I don't believe
> that's a good enough reason for you to Write Linux Off though. My
> experience with Ubuntu bas been excellent, and there are no doubt Suse
> and RH users for instance who will in principle support the absolute
> value and flexibility of Linux.
No I'm not writing off Linux, just shifting flavours and the problems
that is likely to involve. I am trying flat out to get rid of MS out of
my office, seven and  a half years, so far, but I am getting closer.

My point is, that other people who are users, such as at home or small
office etc., just couldn't be bothered with Linux. It may work very
well, but appears disjointed, fragmented and disorganised. By the way,
that's how it appears to me.

It obviously appears much worse to other people.

As I have said before and say again, perception is reality.

I am not going to leave Linux, but neither would I push it to any one
other than heavy and experienced computer users.

Alex