[plug] finding a midland person who can advise me re printers compatible with Linux and Ubuntu 7.4

Paul Antoine pma-la at milleng.com.au
Thu Oct 18 15:04:35 WST 2007

For those on the list seeking a very cheap laser printer, I have a
Lexmark e120n which I bought from, of all places, Australia Post.  They
had a special back in October last year which if you ask nicely will
*still* be honored offering the *networked* (ethernet 10/100 and USB2)
e120n PCL6 compatible laser printer with 1/2-full cartridge for $129. I
got it with an additional 5000 sheet cartridge for $199 all up.

Pretty good value for money, completely Ubuntu/Linux friendly, and
easily shared on a family/SOHO network.  Printing occurs at 21 pages per
minute I must say I'm hugely impressed.

When I asked the very friendly folks at the Broadway Fair Australia Post
shop in Nedlands they told me there are plenty (130+) left in the
warehouse and that they'd get one in for anyone wanting one. I bought
mine in July so they *may* have gone, but it didn't seem like they were
moving quickly.

Regards,
Paul