[plug] Ethernet Bonding

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Thu Oct 18 21:39:18 WST 2007

The trouble with retaining the same local MAC is that you'll experience high
ARP churn as the routing device starts seeing the same IP from multiple source
ARP addresses. I forget how you work around this.

Using a link aggregation protocol on the switch -should- tell the switch not
to bounce learnt MAC addresses between both ports and to treat them as an
actual port group, sending traffic to the relevant port based on some pre
determined algorithm. Isn't that good enough for what you're trying to do?

Adrian

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007, Adrian Woodley wrote:
> That will set the same mac-address to all interfaces in the bond group,
> including the bond interface itself. Been there, tried that :)
>
> Adrian
>

> On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 16:41 +0800, Craig Foster wrote:

- $25/pm entry-level bandwidth-capped VPSes available in WA -