[plug] SAN Advice

Paul Antoine pma-la at milleng.com.au
Fri Oct 26 13:57:42 WST 2007

I agree re ReiserFS in particular, and early versions of XFS and JFS. I
must admit I've not kept up with ext3 developments that have obviously
made it more competitive than when I was last involved in benchmarking
it.  At the time we were building a mail server to handle 100's of
thousands of users and the lack of hashed directories was a serious
performance problem.

Terabyte filesystems are now trivially easy to build even without LVM!
Yay for 1TB drives... we've never had the ability to lose so much data
so quickly :-)

P.