[plug] attempting to stop KsCD from loading when I insert a music cd

David Buddrige dbuddrige at bigpond.com
Mon Sep 3 19:32:26 WST 2007

Hi all,

When I insert a music cd into my cdrom/dvd player, KsCD automatically
loads.

I don't want this to happen.  Actually I wish KsCD would go away.  I
typically use xine to play my CD's [I prefer it as a CD playing tool]

However I have hunted through KDE configuration and KsCD configuration
and I cannot determine how to make it go away.  Can anyone enlighten me?

[I am not even sure which package it comes from - there doesn't appear
to be a kscd package installed.  I suspect it is part of kde-multimedia
or some-such but I am unable to confirm.

Any help greatly appreciated

thanks guys

David.