[plug] attempting to stop KsCD from loading when I insert a music cd

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Tue Sep 4 01:22:26 WST 2007

David Buddrige wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I insert a music cd into my cdrom/dvd player, KsCD automatically loads.
>
> I don't want this to happen.  Actually I wish KsCD would go away.  I
> typically use xine to play my CD's [I prefer it as a CD playing tool]
>
> However I have hunted through KDE configuration and KsCD configuration
> and I cannot determine how to make it go away.  Can anyone enlighten me?
>
> [I am not even sure which package it comes from - there doesn't appear
> to be a kscd package installed.  I suspect it is part of kde-multimedia
> or some-such but I am unable to confirm.

It is part of the kde-multimedia package.
Try looking in ~/.kde/Autostart.  There may be a file there, a .desktop
I think, that starts KsCD when you start KDE.

Also, check Control Center/KDE Components/File associations/Audio.  You
may be able to set xine as the default there if you can identify the
right file type.

HTH
Jim