[plug] Software Freedom Day - get your socks on :)

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 22:57:33 WST 2007

On 9/11/07, Pia Waugh <greebo at pipka.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry to barge in on the PLUG list, but our good friends at WASP need some
> help. Anna-Lee has organised and paid for 50 SFD shirts, thousands of
> balloons and CDs to hand out at the Perth Software Freedom Day event
> (http://softwarefreedomday.org). In return she was hoping to get some help
> from the PLUG and other FOSS friendly communities to volunteer for the day
> and help out.

Looks like Pia beat me to it :)

For anyone interested (it will only be four hours on either Saturday,
Sunday or Tuesday), come to a meeting at WASP tomorrow (Wednesday the
12th of September) at 5:30pm. There will be free food, and you'll get
a free tshirt to prove you participated.

Of course, if you would like to do more days you are more than welcome.

WASP (the Western Australian Supercomputing Project) is located on the
ground floor of the Physics building at UWA (the University of Western
Australia). The Physics building is probably the tallest building on
campus; there is a map at http://www.wasp.uwa.edu.au/home/location.

Anyone with any questions get in touch with me.

Cheers,

Patrick