[plug] Software Freedom Day - get your socks on :)

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Tue Sep 11 16:32:02 WST 2007

Hi all,

Sorry to barge in on the PLUG list, but our good friends at WASP need some
help. Anna-Lee has organised and paid for 50 SFD shirts, thousands of
balloons and CDs to hand out at the Perth Software Freedom Day event
(http://softwarefreedomday.org). In return she was hoping to get some help
from the PLUG and other FOSS friendly communities to volunteer for the day
and help out.

Apparently there are only about 4 volunteers so far and they are hoping to
have 10-15 people help out! If any of you can help out please contact her
asap (she's cc'd). It will be a great opportunity to help kickstart PLUG
back to being a lively and vibrant LUG so I would hope as many of you as
possible would be willing to put in at least a few hours.

Given the fantastic discussion when I was over there a few months ago, you
should all pull your socks up and help out :) Please forward this onto
anyone you think might be interested.

Software Freedom Day this year has over 300 teams in over 80 countries. The
competition for the best event has OLPCs for prizes, so that should be
incentive enough to get involved :)

Happy Software Freedom Day for Saturday!

Cheers,
Pia

--
Software Freedom Day 2007