[plug] sensors

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed Sep 19 18:30:23 WST 2007

Adam Hewitt wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thank you for your responses. Despite me finding the replies to be very
> interesting and the PIC/AVR microcontrollers something that I wouldn't mind
> playing around with myself, the scope of this project is a little larger
> than I initially conveyed. We are looking at between 30-70 sites and
> therefore the DIY option is not really viable.

Hi Adam

Actually, having a volume of installations to do makes the manufacture of the
system more viable, not the other way around. The $1k to $2k unit cost of the
gear you have found may be better spent on some engineering for exactly what
you want to achieve.

( Hence Patrick's on-going interested in the project. Go Patrick ;-)

All the best
Harry