[plug] sensors

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 21 12:44:26 WST 2007

"Adam Hewitt" <ahewitt at skybridge.com.au> wrote:

>Thank you for your responses. Despite me finding the replies to be very
>interesting and the PIC/AVR microcontrollers something that I wouldn't mind
>playing around with myself, the scope of this project is a little larger
>than I initially conveyed. We are looking at between 30-70 sites and
>therefore the DIY option is not really viable.

This might be for you:
	http://www.hackwire.com/comments.php?id=137&catid=3

A bit pricey but looks like enough of an appliance for "Enterprise"
(aka "bone-head") deployment. :-)

Of course the first thing that people will do is to obey Murphy's
law and plug the sensors directly into a network switch. RJ45 fits
so it must work!
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | The object of life is not to be on the side of
 X   against HTML mail     | the majority but to escape finding oneself in
/ \  and postings          | the ranks of the insane.  -- Marcus Aurelius