[plug] migrating to Linux.

Rennie rennie.barnett at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 13:49:36 WST 2007

On 22/09/2007, Alex Polglaze <apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au> wrote:
> G'day All,
>
> Is there a way to covert existing Lotus 123 and Wordpro files in the
> respective formats to .xls and .doc format so that they can be loaded
> into Open Office?
>
> Unfortunately, OO still does not have a conversion from the Lotus format.
>
> If there is no short way, it means manually opening 23 years worth of
> existing files one at a time and "SAVE AS" into the the MS format and
> then doing the same in OO.
>
> Seems a complete waste of time to me.
>

> Alex

Maybe http://symphony.lotus.com might help. It's a no-cost down load
for Linux/win and uses .odf as it's default format and I'm guessing
that it would open 123/wordpro ... but now that I read your email
properly it seems you'll be in a similar position to what you
described - no short way.

Anyhow I hope it helps

Rennie