[plug] E-MAIL NON DELIVERY

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon Sep 24 21:43:53 WST 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007, Alex Polglaze wrote:
> G'day All,
>
> How's this for a solution.
>
> My son-in-law has been unable to send e-mails to her or his house for
> some time now. Previously it worked as you would expect.
>
> In trying to work out why it no longer works, the IT guy at his work, I
> am reluctant to use the word expert, has finally worked out that when
> they upgraded their MS exchange, it is no longer able to send to e-mail
> to Linux boxes.
>
> Therefore, the problem must be at my office and I need to change my OS.
>
> Where do these idiots get their qualifications?
>
> I ask you.

Grab the email/smtp RFC and please commence to beat him across the head with it.
RFCs 2821 and 2822 are a good place to begin. Quite hefty if you print it
out and bind it.

You should point out that gmail runs on google, running on Linux.
Please point him out to Google; I'm sure they'd love to hear his
take on things.

Adrian
(with RFC822 somewhere in a folder..)