vmware - Re: [plug] Samba [?] performance quirk

Mike Holland michael.holland at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 17:53:14 WST 2007

Steve Baker wrote:

> The problem is this: from windows vm vwinX, read/write to the samba
> share on ubuntu host ubuX (ie. the same physical system) is very very
> slow, as in almost non-existent.

I recently was using Vmware on Ubuntu, and found that bridged networking
to the host was extremely slow. So try a different protocol and see if
its slow too. Are you saying you suspect Samba?
Changing to host-only fixed the speed.
You may have the same problem. I'd like to know the answer, but havn't
got around to checking the vmware forums yet.

Mike