[plug] SUSE 10.3 HANGS hard - or Windows-like behaviour from Linux ....

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Fri Apr 4 08:24:03 WST 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 23:00 +0900, Richard Meyer wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm running OpenSUSE 10.3 on my machine and I have been getting
> problems. The whole machine hangs such that I cannot ping it from
> elsewhere and ALT + CTRL + Fx doesn't do anything.
>

> It is dead!! I'd quote the Monty Python sketch of the parrot, but I'm
> sure you know it.

Just in case anyone was losing sleep, worrying about this (unlikely, I
know), the problem appears to be hardware. The subtle hint occured to me
when memtest hung as well.

I'm sending this from my laptop ATM. Thank goodness I had one.

Regards
RM
--
Richard Meyer
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.

Linux Counter user #306629